You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem exporting to pdf

• Staff

Hi Barlew,

I moved this to a new post so it didn't get lost in the beta release thread.

I've just had an attempt and can't seem to reproduce this, would you mind attaching the file you are exporting (or uploading it to dropbox and PM'ing me the link) and letting me know any specific export settings you are using?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

Hi barlew,

This seems to be working fine on my system too. When I set the opacity to a group the whole group becomes transparent as expected.

Note that changing the opacity to a group layer does lead to different results than applying it to each object individually inside the group.

If you set the layer opacity to 50% on a group, the opacity will be applied to the group as a whole - you shouldn't be able to see trough overlapping objects contained within the group.

If you apply it to each object inside a group individually you should be able to see trough overlapping objects contained within the group as each one has an opacity value applied.

Are you sure the opacity value isn't being applied to the whole group? If you put an object below that group in the Layers panel (without being part of it) you should be able to see that object.

Can you confirm this please?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.