You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Comments as DrawPlus /PhotoPlus User-

Affinity appears much quicker on my W10/laptop setup, and what it does it mostly does better. However......

- there have been several rather random crashes with a OxC0000005 error

- it would be useful to have resize and crop

- cutting and pasting in layers is pretty confusing

- layer effects 3D has too much for the box and there is no scroll

- I can't see a 'merge layers'

No doubt more niggles, but not obvious from my use

Matt Cooper

• Staff

Hi Matt,

Please be aware this is predominately a Vector design program and NOT aimed at Photo Editing such as PhotoPlus (which is raster based).

1. With these random crashes I would try to look out for some kind of pattern as to when you see them. If you are able to spot a similar pattern please try to reproduce and let us known. Apart from that ensure you do send the crash reports when you restart Affinity as this allows us to help fix this seemingly random crashes you encounter.
2. Documents can be resized from Document Setup, otherwise objects can be resized using the Move Tool. There is also a Vector Crop Tool available which allows you to apply a vector crop to a single object. If you are wanting a crop to crop your image then this is not possible within Designer and is instead found in Affinity Photo.

3. Could you describe in a bit more detail as to what you find confusiong about this? Try to describe the steps you are taking and what you expect to happen and what is actually happening.

4. Could you attach a screenshot of this along with what resolution you are running Windows at please?

5. Merge Layers is not an option in Designer. As the majority of objects are vector based you do not merge them, but instead you boolean commands such as Add/Subtract/Divide etc.

- layer effects 3D has too much for the box and there is no scroll

4. Could you attach a screenshot of this along with what resolution you are running Windows at please?

Here you go, Sean. I'm running Windows 8.1 at a (bog standard mass-market laptop!) screen resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels, with the default 'Smaller' (100%) display setting.

By the way, I got to that dialog by clicking on the gearwheel icon against '3D' on the Effects tab. When I hover over that icon, a 'Blend Ranges' tooltip is displayed.

post-8358-0-00399700-1467819977_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.