You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I downloaded the Beta, and began testing it. Here are the issues that pop out to me:

• Will not retain preferences such as colour profiles and languages
  • dictionaries do not appear to have been installed
  • Crashes when opening some files

• Staff

Hiya,

The first 2 issues we know about, can you upload some of the files it is crashing opening please?

If you don't want them to be publicly visible feel free to PM me a dropbox link.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Installed the Beta today.  I have several problems:

Won't open or recognize Corel Draw (cdr) files.  Bummer.  Corel Draw probably has a much larger Windows user base than Adobe Illustrator (Corel Draw has been around a LOT longer) and is SO much better).  All my work is in Corel Draw.  I don't believe there is a version of Corel Draw for the Mac, but it has been the vector graphics mainstay for Windows since the early days of Windows.

You can find out more about Corel Draw here:

http://www.corel.com/us/

Crashes when I try to open a Fujifilm RAW file from my X-Pro2.

Can't do any testing until these are fixed.

Steve

Hello to Affinity Team for Windows,

I started with installation under Win7.1 x64 and it finished correctly (from my point of view it is a little bit slow installation, need installation optimisation). My system is Intel I5 3570 3.4-3.8 GHz, 16 Gb RAM, NVidia GT 640 2 Gb DDR5 and 1 TB HDD.

I have to say, in first look, that launching app. is slow, and all working under appl. is little bit slow (need for program optimization). For the first look, all option I tested working correct, I am so sorry that I have little time for first look. Installation under Win7.1 x64 is little slow (without .NET framework, only c++ runtime and ...rest). Second thing I tried at home was to install Affinity Designer Public Beta on my notebook under Win8.1 update 2 x64, but I didn't succeed. Installation started with .NET framework and propagate to 50% (never ending installation of .NET framework), and after that became "never ending story". I tried few times, and with MS defender disable, but nothing help. Installation was offline, and I didn't have separate offline installation of .NET framework (I don't know which ver. is included in installation of Affinity Designer). Today I downloaded .NET framework 4.6.2 from MS site and I will try tonight, first a manual installation of .NET and after that Affinity installation. Of course, because of that I can't say anything about app. behavior under Win8.1 x64. I will write again if I succeed to install Affinity Designer under Win8.1!

Best wishes to all Affinity Team,

Pedja. 

P. S. I have one question, when will be Affinity Photo for Win available?

Thanks.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.