You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta not reading my License?

• Staff

Hi VISION,

Welcome to Affinity Forums  :)

That's expected. The Mac App Store version is now using the same code as the Beta so there's no reason to continue using it. To prevent abuse the Beta will not validate from now on.

Just move it to the Trash from your applications folder. Soon a new Beta cycle will start (1.5) and you will be able to install and validate the Beta again (until the 1.5 version reaches the Mac App Store and son on).

The Mac App Store version is now using the same code as the Beta so there's no reason to continue using it. To prevent abuse the Beta will not validate from now on.

Actually, there’s a very good reason to continue to use the beta: I use the beta frequently and my settings are how I like; not so on the stable. When these stable upgrades are out, it always messes with my workflow. I know I’m not the only one complaining, since I remember another post some time ago on this very issue. Now, until a new beta is out, my workflow is worse. Please just release another beta right after the stable one so we can continue with our workflow.

What kind of abuse does this prevent?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.