You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panasonic G9II raw files not opening to show original visuals in Affinity V1 + lines appearing when export jpgs

Hi not only are the raw files not opening properly (see bright green image below) but the jpg files when I open in Affinity and then save as a jpg on my laptop have lines on them.  This is when 1.13 mb or 7mb.  See attachments.
The images that are named as export have lines on them.  They were opened as jpgs in Affinity Photo V1 and unprocessed in Affinity - just saved back to my laptop.  Originally from my camera's memory card.

I hope this makes sense!

I can upgrade Affinity to V2 but will it fix it?

My laptop is a Samsung Book.  See details on image.  This problem has only started more recently - so I'm not sure what's changed.  I can't think of anything. But need to start somewhere so am investigating Affinity first!  When these lines happened last January with panoramic photos it turned out to be that I wasn't saving them at a high enough megabyte size.  But as you can see I've tried with 1.13mb and 7mb and the same thing happens. 

Thank you for any help.
Carol

Panasonic G9 II raw file opened in affinity v1.jpg

Panasonic G9 II raw file original.jpg

P1002179 export from jpg to 7mb.jpg

P1002179 export from jpg.jpg

Samsung Book system details.jpg

That camera is not listed on the supported camera list for V1: 

It is listed for V2: 

For your lines in the exported JPG files, try turning off Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) in the application Preferences, under Performance and restarting the application.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That camera is not listed on the supported camera list for V1: 

It is listed for V2: 

For your lines in the exported JPG files, try turning off Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) in the application Preferences, under Performance and restarting the application.

Thanks so much that's really helpful.  I've downloaded Affinity V2 and it works!  Hooray.  Thanks for replying so quickly.  I'm so grateful.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5