You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frame pictures shown crossed even if not empty

Hi,

I described the issue here:

I'm forwarding it here, because I think this can be filed as a bug, more than a feature request.

- The top-level frame in a composite picture is considered empty, even if it contains several elements.

- Dan says that the frame is "technically empty", since it doesn't directly contain an image. But the frame is not "actually empty", since it contains images (and other elements).

- The crossed frame indicates an empty frame. In this case, on the contrary, the frame contains several elements. Therefore, the symbol showing it as empty is not correct. If needed, some other symbol should be employed (not interfering with the image display). 

My guess is that the external frame should sense that other frames nested at its inside are not empty, and consider itself not empty.

The current behavior communicates the wrong message of the the frame being empty, when it indeed contains images and other elements.

Paolo

• Staff

Hi @PaoloT,

I've since replied to the thread linked above and confirmed that this is not a bug currently, but is by design according to our development team and helpfiles.

I have attempted to explain this feature within your thread, and point out the reason for your document displaying as such. If you don't wish for these frames to show their 'X' indicator, they will need a layer or object inserted as 'Content' for that frame.

I hope this clears things up.