You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to align the center of an object on a contour?

Hello everybody,

what do I have to do when I want to align an object's center upon a contour? In my example I want to put the center of the small black rectangle (red arrow) right on the contour of the bigger object behind (green arrow), but there is no snapping possible (even with all snapping options activated).

Thank You very much in advance 🙂
-Rembrandt

Note: The screenshot is superimposed as the contour and nodes of the active object and those of others are not visible at the same time.

image.thumb.png.cf2f9b23a572aa222d5d7830466a5c59.png

48 minutes ago, Rembrandt said:

what do I have to do when I want to align an object's center upon a contour?

If the contour belongs to a closed shape (rect or square) then make sure you use "Snap to object bounding boxes" and "Include bounding boxes mid points" for snapping.

Also if you have multiple objects in your document make sure the object to wchich contour you want to snap is considered as a snapping candidate.
You can do it by hovering a cursor over it. In case if it wasn't considered as a snapping candidate you will see an purple outline flash.
This flash is an indication that now it is a snapping candidate.