You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import from Fujifilm X-H2

Hi there,

I'm trying to import images from my Fujifilm X-H2 camera. As soon as I connect the camera to my iPad and start Photos.app, it appears in the list and I can select images and import there. Using Affinity Photo 2 the images are not recognized (nor jpg nor raw). I found a list of supported cameras and mine is in the list. 

Thanks

Robert

• Staff

@BobC1 Welcome to the forums.

Are you running the latest version of Affinity Photo V2 (2.4.2)? Which RAW engine is being used within the apps Settings > General > Assistant Options? If Apple (CORE image) the RAW files do need to be uncompressed.

Have you tried moving your images outside of Apple Photos to a folder on your iPad storage to then open directly from within our app?

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm on the latest version of app indeed. I tried both settings but Import from camera option triggers only built-in iPad cam, there's  no way to switch to connected fujifilm one. Or at least I didn't find it. 

Thanks

Robert

On 4/28/2024 at 6:41 PM, BobC1 said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to import images from my Fujifilm X-H2 camera. As soon as I connect the camera to my iPad and start Photos.app, it appears in the list and I can select images and import there. Using Affinity Photo 2 the images are not recognized (nor jpg nor raw). I found a list of supported cameras and mine is in the list. 

Thanks

Robert

Sounds like you are trying to import direct from your camera to Affinity Photo, skipping the step import to apple photos or import to a files folder?
You cannot import into Affinity direct from your camera, that is a feature that is not available on the iPad (or desktop for that matter), first you must import to apple photos or into a Files folder.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help