You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't Warp Group of Images in Affinity Designer 2

I have been trying to warp (perspective) a group of images in AD2. When I try it only wants to move the background of the image. If I rasterize the group it destroys the resolution of the images and it still doesn't work. If I copy and paste to AP2 it pastes rasterizes with the destroyed resolution, but I can change the perspective there. Is there a way to do this without loss in AD2?

Screen-0060.jpg

I don't use Designer but this can be done in Photo
Images grouped then Live Perspective layer, nothing rasterised

ImagePerspective.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

I think it’s worth mentioning that Designer’s Warp Group functionality does not affect bitmaps and it was designed that way.

It’s also worth mentioning that the Live Perspective functionality is also available in Designer’s Pixel Persona via the “Layer → New Live Filter Layer → Perspective” menu, so no need to swap applications.

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that Designer’s Warp Group functionality does not affect bitmaps and it was designed that way.

It’s also worth mentioning that the Live Perspective functionality is also available in Designer’s Pixel Persona via the “Layer → New Live Filter Layer → Perspective” menu, so no need to swap applications.

Thanks Garry, a very helpful reply!