You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It does not matter if it is Designer or Designer Beta - Refine - Crashes my system

I have been working on this all day and am about ready to quit trying to make a selection and then refine it. Every time, I am done with my choice and want to refine it. I select refine, and then it crashes. It does not matter if it is in the beta or live version 

• Staff

Hi @barbichn,

Could you check for a crash report and attach it?  To find the reports see here, you may have more than 1 report but please only attach the latest one as that will relate to this crash.

Can you also see if disabling Hardware Acceleration in Edit>Settings>Performance improves things for you?

21 minutes ago, barbichn said:

How do  I close this inquiry? Or does it stay open forever?

It will stay forever, this is the Internet after all. Don't worry about it. Someone may have the same problem as you and find this topic which will solve it for them too. So having this stay around is a good thing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.