You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I have a file that was corrupted by 2.4 .1  beta. Can you look at it to see if you can save it? I have been very briefly able to edit it after reinstalling AP four times, but now it completely hangs the application, which requires a force quit.

Please let me know how to get this file to you.

You may attach the file itself to your post or post a link to a cloud storage.

If you do not want to make it public, you have to wait for for somebody from Serif staff who can provide an upload link.

Regards,
Otto

Affinity Suite v2.4 - Windows 11 Pro

• Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your document @ubercool - we can certainly take a look to see if this file is recoverable, although unfortunately we cannot make any guarantees.

Please upload your document to the below link for me, and once uploaded please reply here to let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/HBSt6yqT83D0zmhc3ex0

We would obviously also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following:

1. Which Operating System are you using?
  2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in? (2.4.1 beta, as I understand from your post)
  3. What drive type was the file last saved to?
    • Local disk
    • USB disk/Flash disk
    • Google Drive folder
    • OneDrive folder
    • iCloud folder
    • Dropbox folder
    • Network location
    • Other (please specify)
  4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem? (ie did this occur when using a specific tool or workflow?)

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file.

Many thanks in advance :)

File uploaded. Please note that it might at first open normally and appear editable, but then it becomes uneditable, hanging AP. You should have received about two dozen reports about this via Apple.

1. Sonoma 14.4.1.

2. Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 beta.

3. iCloud

4. I tried to isolate individual objects. Unfortunately, I made the flawed decision to put a lot of the individual page objects in another file called "Items," which is also exhibiting the same issue, which means it is located somewhere after page 33 (I have a previous version of the file edited by 2.4.0 that normally works, thus far). There is an image on page 38 that kept going in and out of focus when loading; it could be the cause of the corruption.

5. I will upload that Items page as well it could prove helpful.

Never mind. I was able to open the corrupted file, and I am copying elements from that file to several progressively page-numbered documents so I can try to isolate the issue.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and for the files provided - I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue with your files on Windows, even without the Linked resources present.

I'm unsure of the exact reason for this, as I cannot see a clear issue with your file, therefore I'm getting this logged with our development team now for further investigation and to help the app better deal with such a file in the future.

I'm very glad to hear you've been able to find a workaround for this in the meantime and we certainly appreciate your patience and understanding here :)