You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Snapping function seems underwhelming

Hello! I am currently doing my trial on Affinity and it has a lot of things I love using. On designer 2 that is. I have used inkscape before and am considering the leap here but one thing inkscape had that I love was a create snapping function. It was so easy to get anything into place with it able to line of up things at angles. Like if I have a half circle and a line and I want them to connect, it was so easy to snap them into place as the nodes hooked onto each other with a snap!

Now I am trying the snapping function on Designer 2 and it does not do that as I keep trying. Given this is professionally made with more money behind I have a hard time believing the issue is the program, but the issue has to be me. So my question is, how do I turn it so I can make different objects line up up and snap in place more? Like this example and even more ones where the edges of objects, even strokes, snap into place against each other and so on. Am I missing something as I played around with it and it just fails and I am certain I am the dummy here.

Thank you for your time!

Hi @Vivian Sayan and welcome to the forums,

In addition to the link @Brian_J has provided check out the Node Snapping options available when the Node Tool is selected...

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Tools/tools_node.html&title=Node Tool

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse