You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity suit frozen after ios update

checking with the brains trust here I have the ipad air 5th gen all apps worked before the last ios update 17.4 once it updated i had issues with cloud and apps not opening i have spent 3 different days with apple trying to resolve they now sy its the app

all apps work except those that connect to the cloud
procreate
designer
designer2
photo 2
publisher 2

so far done :

closed apps
shut down ipad
cleared network setting
restarted router
added network

procreate now works but the others are frozen on start up

apple said delete the designer2 app and did a new install of designer 2 [still frozen]

Affinity help seems to be on different time zone and i only get results once in a 24 hour so now waiting to what next after their suggestion of 

shut all apps [swipe]

then on pressing app double tap and reset

done still frozen

Edited by dsbarina

• Staff

Hi dsbarina,

Obviously it's not an issue isolated to Affinity software so our support on this will be a little bit limited, but my suggestion first of all would be to examine the free space on your iPad, with so many different apps that may want to download and use your free space it may be that though it's showing, it may be reserved for other applications. (for example, your photo library could be downloading a stack of images in the background without you knowing). 

Firstly back up any and all important information before making any changes. Then free up as much space as you can, followed by a restart of the iPad. I would then advise removing all creative apps in one go, then installing ours one at a time, checking they work as you go.

Lee

11 minutes ago, dsbarina said:

apple checked all space etc there is still half free, everything gets saved to the cloud, i feel i have to do a rest back to factory settings on the ipad, but was hoping to avoid it

1. You did try closing all open apps and doing a Forced Restart (not just off then on) 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

2. Do you have a VPN active? if so turn it off.

3. Can you screenshot Settings -> General -> iPad Storage

4. Try General -> Transfer or Reset iPad -> Reset -> Reset All Settings (you won't lose any apps or data, just your wallpapers, wifi passwords etc)

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

1.. yes closed apps  and did a full shut down not just flicking the button on/off 

2 . no there is no vpn to my ipad

3. storage is 136.85gb if 256gb applications has used the most very few photos i don't use it for that then ios and system are about the same amount

4. yes i put that in the info of things done with apple support  - removed the settings shut down ipad , reset my router then turned ipad back on and gave it permission to connect again to network, but it did nothing for the affinity suite , it gave me procreate back but nothing else 

Screen ipad.PNG

• Staff

As this is occurring with your cloud connected apps, sign out of all cloud based services and then launch the aps (possibly after another full restart).

As a general rule @Paul Mudditt I would not advise a hard reset of any iOS device unless it is unresponsive, as there is no system reset that takes place during this. It's just a forced power off and can actually damage files in the operating system which can only be resolved by restoring the device. A regular restart will achieve the same thing without this risk.

Lee