You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

selection releated things

selection mode refine selection window is any way draw selection same way rough than outside of this window? i mean all mask drawing with this mode is smooth looking. other things as well. i know is meaned fines adjustments but still.

also is possible smooth rough selection later? i mean automatic and not way what smooth and feather does i dont even understand what is logic in feather. i see what its do when i tested but still when i understand technically i can imagine what it does in speffic cases maybe even without testing. and something like antialias i seen other program years ago antialias any bitmap ten such feature in here for mask and other ways as well sounds nice idea. its like very tiny smoothing what is smaller than 1px allows i think something close to happens partly wth smaller values but then some areas what are part of mask gets hole... i maybe archived something what i meaned but not exactly but close. with when i convert pixel layer mask and and edit and add gaussian blue with 0.2px and such start look like it. and this also solves partly also mask colour colour when i use this bitmap mask with rectangle for example i can change rectangle colour to see it perfect. also apply other kind effects this mask image as well.

and to me is silly we cannot change mask colour if some one in Serif reads this please tell why is limited only this red? and its most clear way see where mask is but in some images red is indeed is not best colour.

• Staff

Hi @MxHeppa,

11 hours ago, MxHeppa said:

also is possible smooth rough selection later? i mean automatic and not way what smooth and feather does i dont even understand what is logic in feather.

Theres not an automatic way to smooth a selection.  The feather is to apply a feather affect to the edge of the selection.  It can help when you want a fade affect on the edge of selection, which can help with blending (just one example).

12 hours ago, MxHeppa said:

and to me is silly we cannot change mask colour if some one in Serif reads this please tell why is limited only this red? and its most clear way see where mask is but in some images red is indeed is not best colour.

Not sure why we went with Red, i guess as in most case Red is the easiest to see.  If you'd like to be able to set a different colour for the overlay, then please make a post in the Feature Requests section of the Forums :)