You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to compact the study tabs in the interface?

Hello to all!

I am configuring the interface (in this case of publisher) and have come up with a configuration that fits my workflow. The problem comes when trying to compact the tabs within the studio. I think that having them unfolded is a bit awkward, and I would like to be able to have them as buttons and unfold them when needed. Is it possible to make this change?

I attach an image of the panel where it can be seen that the tabs are fully deployed vertically.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Studio Panel Preview.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Armandesigns. :)

56 minutes ago, Armandesigns said:

I am configuring the interface (in this case of publisher) and have come up with a configuration that fits my workflow. The problem comes when trying to compact the tabs within the studio. I think that having them unfolded is a bit awkward, and I would like to be able to have them as buttons and unfold them when needed. Is it possible to make this change?

I don’t know of a way to have studio panels or panel groups as buttons, but you can collapse a panel group by double-clicking on the label for the currently active panel in that group (regardless of whether the group is docked or floating). Single-click on any of the labels to expand the group again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)