You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The little blue triangle / Affinity Publisher V2

Do I need to worry about this little triangle appearing on the margins?

I don't have it on any other pages.

Also, this is the only page that is causing rejection on Amazon KDP as well. 

What do I need to do to remove that triangle?

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.08.23 am.png

That little blue triangle allows you to link Frame Text layers together in a ‘chain’.

If you click on the eye next to it you might see some text which is overflowing the frame, which could be what is causing Amazon to complain. (It’s normally a red eye when there is overflowing text and I can’t remember what the blue eye means.)

If you don’t need to link Frame Text layers then just ignore it, but I don’t think there’s a way to remove it.

Edited by GarryP
Added more details.

8 minutes ago, mdesigns said:

I did resize the text (to small) and squeezed the Text Frame a bit more.

Tip: If you want to resize the Frame Text layer and the text inside it (proportionally) at the same time then you can resize the frame using the ‘flying’ handle which is located at the outside of the bottom-right handle.

-----

Ah, following the threads from that link gave me the information I needed, which was: The blue eye shows that the text cursor is outside of the frame even though there is no text overflowing. Thanks for giving the link.

That might be the cause of the complaint from Amazon, that the text in the frame is technically overflowing even if there is no actual text there.

I wonder why would a cursor outside cause an issue. Is it that the space is being read as a character?

I deleted the space, and the blue triangle is still there. Let me see what KDP says. 

The triangle should be there. It looks to me like your text frame may be outside the page edge, which might cause a KDP issue.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

mdesigns: In future posts it will help us to help you if you give us full-screen screenshots so we can see all that you can see. (If you don’t want us to see certain details on the screenshots then you can obfuscate those details before posting the image.)