You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Afpub 2.4.0: Visual lag/blurriness while moving text

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but after my search through the forums I'm still in a quandary. 

While I'm moving a text frame, the text becomes slightly blurry until I stop moving it. Once the mouse stops moving, the text clears up shortly after. This visual lag also occurs when I zoom in. The text becomes blurry while transitioning zoom levels (using ctrl+mouse wheel).

I have attached a video of the effect under these conditions:

1. computer just restarted
  2. no other applications running (Afpub first app opened after start up)
  3. only 1 .afpub file open in Afpub

The app is version 2.4.0. This is a new (12/23) Lenovo Legion laptop. The problem has occurred from the first installation on this computer, which I believe was 2.4.0 (but I don't remember). As for the specific specs, I'm not sure which information is relevant. It has Intel UHD graphics and RTX 4060. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Kim S welcome to the forum.

I may be wrong and this requires confirmation from someone on staff, but I think the visual lag and blur you see when moving the text frame is normal behavior.

Namely this is intentionaly and the text in the frame renders that way when you moving it because the intent was to make APub more faster and efficient.

APub tries not to waste resources for render the text, to be as sharp as possible, on each redraw while moving the text frame. He does it in short after the move stops. Performance is more important than text appearance, especially while moving a text frame.

• Staff

@Kim S The above information from @bbrother is correct, when elements are moved or zoom levels changed the document is redrawn. 

If you open the apps Settings > Performance, you can try adjusting some of these if you notice any other redraw issues. If Hardware Acceleration is enabled, turn it off and restart the app, also try changing the Display/Renderer to one of the other available options. Setting it to WARP will give the least performance as this essentially bypasses the GPU.