You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona changes the size.

ok..here I am again. I apolgoze for that.

I have been struggling with this for a couple weeks now. I cant seem to figure out the solution.

Using AP, I have a 300dpi file that is 825x825 px. I exported it from the file menu, and everything is ok. I use the  Export persona, and I enter a world of frustration. All the layers are now exported at LARGER sizes. still 300 DPI but at 2577 × 1916 pixels? 
I have the 1x thing on the slices set so what am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 19.36.28.png

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 19.39.39.png

7 minutes ago, Sukavi said:

Using AP, I have a 300dpi file that is 825x825 px. I exported it from the file menu, and everything is ok.

Your second screenshot shows the dimensions as 828 px × 825 px.

10 minutes ago, Sukavi said:

still 300 DPI but at 2577 × 1916 pixels?

I don't see those numbers anywhere in either of the two screenshots. I presume the output is severely distorted, given the very different aspect ratio.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Sukavi said:

here is the end result of what is being exported when usuing the export persona.

It is still not clear in this screenshot without the Layers panel or a selected object. As Alfred mentioned already, the aspect ratio is an indicator, too.
Compare below: The Metadata may tell the document (canvas) dimension, regardless of a layer's size.

metadata.thumb.jpg.b6d2788e732d68cb3067c1af37752b9f.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thank you for the help both of you. So as I was taking a screenshot to show you the size, I realized what I needed to do was rasterize and trim as there were elements outside of the document's size. thats what was increasing the size. now i see the issue. I rasterized and trimmed and now when i use the export persona it outputs to the correct size.

1 minute ago, Sukavi said:

Thank you for the help both of you. So as I was taking a screenshot to show you the size, I realized what I needed to do was rasterize and trim as there were elements outside of the document's size. thats what was increasing the size. now i see the issue. I rasterized and trimmed and now when i use the export persona it outputs to the correct size.

I was just going to post about that! I’m glad you managed to figure it out for yourself.

Alfred spacer.png

So i guess my next question is, is there a setting or something that when using the Export persona that it ignores things outside of the artboard etc?

or do i need to rasterize and trim everything before doing the Export persona? I often have things hanging outside the artboard for several reasons.

2 minutes ago, Sukavi said:

So i guess my next question is, is there a setting or something that when using the Export persona that it ignores things outside of the artboard etc?

As far as I’m aware, the main reason for using the Export persona instead of ‘File > Export…’ is the flexibility it offers. You can create slices that include multiple parts of the canvas, or (as in this case) only one small part of it, but if you want to include everything that isn’t transparent I would do exactly as you did.

Alfred spacer.png

Gotcha. I have several versions of cards to export in each file. saved as layers. i just thought i could use it as a quick way to export the 12 cards. saves me from going to the menu to hit export 12 times and using the save dialog 12 times.