You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to copy table cell style?

By using Style Picker Tool it seem to copy only style of the text itself
but other cell style (such as background of the cell, V-H Arangement) will not copy

Welcom on the forum @T.E.

I'm afraid that copying table cell style (fill color, stroke size/color, insets, vertical alignment etc.) isn't currently posible.

What is currently possible is to create and save table formats as such in the APub program (short for Affinity Publisher), where indeed you can define and save table cell styles, but they are only available as so-called local styles, i.e. they are assigned to a specific table format in which they were created and only there they can be used to change the appearance of the table.

Hopefully the developers will add this functionality in the future as this would make the work with tables much easier.

1 hour ago, T.E. said:

You can copy table cell styles from one cell to another providing the cell you are copying from has at least one text character in it (e.g. a space)

So, you can use that to apply styes to existing blank cells but if the destination cell already has text in it then that text will be overwritten

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

9 hours ago, T.E. said:

That would works however if target cells already filled with some data those data will be lost 😭

Because that isn't style copying/pasting. Making so you are copying/pasting the so called "Serif Persona Story" which for some reason pastes both the text and the cell style. As I mentioned earlier functionality of copying/pastyng only cell styles without affecting cell text content doesn't exist in APub.