You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Publisher 2.3.1, when I create a Picture Frame and a Text Frame for a caption and snap and group them together, usually there will be a space between the picture and the caption text as in image A but occasionally there won't as in Image B. Both text Frames are Top Aligned and the image is the same size as the Picture Frame in both cases. I can create space between the Picture Frame and Text Frame to look right, but there should be a way to do it automatically. How can I fix this?

A.png

B.png

Use an offset in the Text Frame for the caption. You can access this from the Text Frame Window > Text > Text Frame Or you can use the Paragraph Text Style to have a Space Before and set to be used Always.

Caption space.afpub

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Are you using a baseline grid in your document? If so, the text in the frame will be aligned to the grid which will lead to a varying amount of space if your images aren't scaled to the grid increment. I use a lot of images in my history book but I scale all of them to the grid to avoid this.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I'm not using Baseline Grid but I do notice that for the ones that work properly, when I grab the Text Frame and move it over the Picture Frame, the caption text is scared to death of the picture and will scroll itself out of existence to avoid it. The ones that don't work will allow themselves to be placed right on top of the picture. That's probably a feature but how can I toggle it?

22 minutes ago, cechandl said:

I'm not using Baseline Grid but I do notice that for the ones that work properly, when I grab the Text Frame and move it over the Picture Frame, the caption text is scared to death of the picture and will scroll itself out of existence to avoid it. The ones that don't work will allow themselves to be placed right on top of the picture. That's probably a feature but how can I toggle it?

This sounds like you have applied a Text Wrap to the Picture Frame and or the image it contains.

ScreenShot2024-02-17at12_50_00PM.png.4a60a4bb38917e35727d4e45def55848.png On the Toolbar

ScreenShot2024-02-17at12_50_28PM.png.111adf4f8cd001bb0f281a5555e0a915.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.