You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Separating text and notes in both search and index

I'd like to suggest being able to differentiate search results that appear in notes from those that appear in the main text of a document in Publisher. Maybe just an asterisk next to the result or something similar. This would save time when you're looking for results in the text, and don't care about results that were added in footnotes.

In the same way, I'd like to suggest that it be possible to show which output index items are in notes instead of in the main text. In this case I'd like to be able to specify how it is displayed. One example is an asterisk before the page number/range, another might be a superscript f to the right of the page number/range.

12 minutes ago, philipt18 said:

I'd like to suggest being able to differentiate search results that appear in notes from those that appear in the main text of a document in Publisher. Maybe just an asterisk next to the result or something similar. This would save time when you're looking for results in the text, and don't care about results that were added in footnotes.

If your notes and your main text are different Paragraph styles you can search for "whatever words" with Notes Paragraph Style or Main Text Paragraph Style.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

If your notes and your main text are different Paragraph styles you can search for "whatever words" with Notes Paragraph Style or Main Text Paragraph Style.

That's a good search trick, but in some cases I'd still want to see all the hits, but just know which ones are in the main text and which ones are in the notes.