You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello
I'm just following up on the first post with the screen copy, which is interesting!
Firstly, yes, it already appeared in the very first versions of Photo and the developers removed it.😒
At the time, I made the same request as in my post above, i.e. sorting on the device class of the profile. Why? To avoid having 2 pages of useless profiles in the box.
You can see on the screenshot that the user has set the camera profile to sRGB! I used to be a colourimetry trainer and I spent hours, including on forums, explaining the difference between a matrix space and a device profile. To use a joke, most of the time it goes in one ear and out the other without encountering any resistance ... ☹️

A camera profile contains the luts needed to characterise the sensor's defects, which a matrix workspace, even a 32-bit floating-point workspace, can't replace. 

So yes, even if it's already been asked for a long time, it would be nice for those who know how to use them to be able to choose the camera profile in the develop persona.

NB. The Spyderchecker only works with Lightroom or Camera raw. It does not generate a profile, either icc or dng, but acts directly on the sliders below it (hue, saturation, etc.).

58 minutes ago, laurentia said:

Hello
I'm just following up on the first post with the screen copy, which is interesting!
Firstly, yes, it already appeared in the very first versions of Photo and the developers removed it.😒
At the time, I made the same request as in my post above, i.e. sorting on the device class of the profile. Why? To avoid having 2 pages of useless profiles in the box.
You can see on the screenshot that the user has set the camera profile to sRGB! I used to be a colourimetry trainer and I spent hours, including on forums, explaining the difference between a matrix space and a device profile. To use a joke, most of the time it goes in one ear and out the other without encountering any resistance ... ☹️

A camera profile contains the luts needed to characterise the sensor's defects, which a matrix workspace, even a 32-bit floating-point workspace, can't replace. 

So yes, even if it's already been asked for a long time, it would be nice for those who know how to use them to be able to choose the camera profile in the develop persona.

NB. The Spyderchecker only works with Lightroom or Camera raw. It does not generate a profile, either icc or dng, but acts directly on the sliders below it (hue, saturation, etc.).

For me, the camera profile adjustments makes most of the colours look more realistic, I don't know the nuances behind the coding etc...but its a lot better in reality than pushing up the vibrance

I need camera profiles in any RAW editor, for several reasons. First, having camera profiles ensures that the colors in the program match those from the in-camera processing, providing a consistent and accurate starting point for editing. This accuracy is crucial for maintaining the intended color rendition and mood captured by the camera. Additionally, using camera-specific profiles allows for a more tailored editing experience, as each camera model has its unique color science and characteristics. Moreover, serious photographers often seek to replicate or improve upon the camera's original look within their workflow, and having access to these profiles within a RAW editor greatly facilitates this process.

Camera profiles exist not just for aesthetics but to ensure technical accuracy in color reproduction, compensating for differences in camera sensors and lighting conditions, and to achieve consistency across various devices and editing platforms. It is crucial for professional photography.

Hello
I agree, I also use my personal camera profiles in my raw converters.
The camera profile is used to obtain the most faithful colours possible right from the development phase, which makes the work much easier right through to retouching. It's essential for the professional photographer and even more so for reproduction. It is unthinkable for a museum catalogue to show differences in colourimetry from the originals!