You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot click & apply some ¶ styles

I must be missing something, but I cannot click and apply some paragraph styles Base…Titel, yet I can click and apply Categorie…NoStyle. Wonder about the difference between with/without ¶ symbol. I am clueless.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 17.12.24.png

The Styles at the Top are all Group Styles, those are styles that I set up for my Paragraph (and Character) Styles to be based on. Note the lack of underlined a or the pilcrow before the name.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

21 minutes ago, Martien said:

Thanks Old Bruce, but I do not understand your answer. ...

The way I work is I set up a Group style for the basic, body text named BASE. In that I set everything I want most of the Body Text to have. Font family, size, weight, leading, justification, space before and after, Align to baseline, etc. Then I make a Paragraph style named Bulk and I base it on the Group style BASE and I change nothing. I make a paragraph style called Drop Cap and I can base that on either the Group Style BASE or the Paragraph style Bulk and change only the Drop Cap setting. Then if I want to change the font family and size I just do it for the BASE group style and the two paragraph styles will change.

I also set up a group style named HEADINGS for the various headings I will use.

First thing to do when setting up a Group Style is to clear all formatting.

ScreenShot2024-02-08at8_55_35AM.png.82b5440edab5898cfb217adf33892bba.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.