You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF problems Publisher/windows 10

Exporting to PDF works without problems.
When I want to resume my work with the publisher part I see everything is frozen. Even restarting is frozen.
After resetting through  Ctrl+alt del in windows I can work again.

I dont think this is what you want me to do.

Hi @Detlef Overbeek,

Does this happen with all Publisher files or just this particular file?

If you create a new Publisher document and just add some Filler Text and export to PDF using the same PDF settings, is your new Publisher file also frozen? If not, are you able to upload your original Publisher file along with any Linked files so we can take a look by using 'Save as Package' from the File menu and zipping the file up before uploading?

If this is a client file that you're not able to share on the forum you can request a private Dropbox link by replying to this post and then someone from the moderation team will be able to provide that for you so they can take a look at your file internally...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Hi @Detlef Overbeek,

Are you able to upload your Publisher file so we can take a look at test it to see if we experience the same issue on PDF export?

Could you also let us know which version of Windows 10 you're using, the specs of your PC, and which graphics card you have? It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot of the Affinity Publisher Performance Settings...

In the meantime could you try a factory reset of Publisher by holding the Ctrl Key while launching the app? When you see the 'Clear User Data' screen, leave the first three options selected and then click 'Clear' letting the app finish launching.

Once launched, see if you have the same issue exporting your file to PDF...

If you do and it isn't already, could you disable Hardware Acceleration in the Performance Settings, reboot Publisher, export your file again to see if that works and then let us know the outcome...

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

My windows version is 10 pro. gigabyte / Nvidia rtx 3060 / 32 g Mem. I cant reset to factory because I might loose all the language details and other specially arranged items.
I can miss that.  All I can doimage.png.bd4ca1420a988e7eb21fb7ea1ef7feb5.png is try and put the whole package to an other PC, and than try

Publisher settings.png

Hi @Detlef Overbeek,

Did you try unchecking Hardware Acceleration in the Performance Settings to see if that made any difference?

If not, are you happy to upload your Publisher file as there may be something in here causing a problem...

Hi @Detlef Overbeek,

Many thanks for uploading your Publisher file... there are a couple of Linked file (shown below), could you zip these up and upload them as well...

image.png.0ec16df0cdeab368ef8340d72a5d4717.png

Are those missing linked files perhaps on an external source?
The affinities don't work well with external drives/NAS/USB sticks or cloud based files.
Took some time to export to PDF (64gb RAM) but it didn't freeze up Publisher for me.
And since I don't have those missing linked files it may as well be the issue here.

Hi @Detlef Overbeek,

I'm not experiencing any issues exporting your file and then being able to continue working with the Publisher document, i.e., it's not freezing (for me at least), though I'd like to check it again with the missing files just to be sure if you're able to upload those...

There are quite a lot of files shown in Resource Manager with 'no name' and an 'Original DPI' shown as zero and while I don't believe they are the cause of Publisher freezing for you they all need looking at as no files should have an 'Original DPI' shown as zero, so you may need to 'replace' those...

Thank you for looking into this. I will try a new install on an other PC. If no one else has this problem, this must be mine. I have one more question?
The languages I use are English(amer), German an Portuguese(brazi). Are all files update in a library so i can use it for another upcoming Issue?
I mean can I save those libraries so they can be used again?

Ill you know what the result will be in the new installation.