You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am making a determined effort to wean myself off of Adobe Creative Cloud, (Lightroom & Photoshop) and replace them with Affinity Photo but I am worried about losing the ability to use Photoshop plugins, (Nik & Topaz Collections) if I unsubscribe from Adobe Creative Cloud. Am I right to assume that if I do unsubscribe from CC it will not affect my usage of the plugins in Affinity Photo? Many thanks for advice.

Andrew-Bede

It is all part of the rich tapestry of life.

• Staff

Hi Allsop,

Your Nik and Topaz plugins are separate from the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, At the moment the only Topaz and Nik plugins that do not work with Affinity Photo are the following.

Topaz ReMask 5 and Texture Effects 1.1

Nik Dfine 2, sharpener Pro 2 and Viveca 2

Hopefully Topaz will change the plugins to work thigh Affinity Photo but with the Nk plugins I am not sure if this will be resolved as Google has stopped all development on them.

Apart from Plugins you may want to consider your workflow as you will lose LR for digital asset management (DAM) and raw developing. From the DAM aspect, Adobe Bridge is now a free download so that could be an option re the DAM piece. Unfortunately, imo, APs current RAW development module needs a lot of work but thereagain I understand that work is in hand.