You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Unable to download the DMG file. :(

Hi,

Finally purchased the Affinity, & first minute already causing me issue. :(

I am unable to download please see screen attached. It kept generating & generating no luck to create the download button.

Try 4 different web browser non of them is working. Please help thanks

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 22.09.03.png

• Staff

@Stann Welcome to the forums.

The DMG files are available to download, nothing should need to be generated first. Are you downloading direct from our Affinity Store, can you provide a full complete screenshot?

Another option is to use this link instead to download Affinity Photo V2 (2.3.1), once installed you can then activate using your Affinity ID.

5 hours ago, Stann said:

That's nice how do u go on this link page ?

Just click on the link in the reply above by @Lee D.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Got it, thanks.
I installed the software, but when I tried to activate my license by clicking "I already have an Affinity Photo 2 license ( see attached )," the system is asking for payment even though I've already paid. Now, I'm on the 30-day trial, and despite trying to register five times, I'm still facing the same issue. Is this strange ?

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 00.02.43.png

• Staff

@Stann After clicking on " I already have an Affinity Photo 2 or Universal licence" you should be prompted to enter your Affinity ID (Affinity store login). After entering them, what's happening?

Also make sure you don't have any AV or Firewall software running that may prevent our apps from communicating with our server.

• Staff

@Stann To confirm, you get the window shown in your screenshot, you then click the " I already have an Affinity Photo 2 or Universal licence" link at the bottom and you get the same window? You aren't prompted to enter your Affinity ID?

I did enter my affinity ID & everything & click activate. But it just can't activate & jump back to the screenshot I shared.
I suspect that the system haven't granted me a license yet. As u recall my first question I try download from my own account as it is still generating until today. ( see screenshot ) Affinity technician did advise to wait for 24 hours. 

121.jpg

• Staff

@Stann Close Affinity Photo, then hold down the CTRL key and open the app. When a window appears with options, release the key. Now leave the default options checked, but also enable Deactivate Affinity 2 apps at the bottom and click Clear. The app will continue to open, then try activating again using your Affinity ID as your order is valid on the system.

• Staff

To confirm you're using the version downloaded from the link I provided (Affinity Store) and not from the Mac App Store.

If you right click on the activation window, you should have an option to run the Connectivity Checker. This will produce a PDF file, please send me this via DM so I can take a look.

• Staff

Thank you for the file, that all seems OK.

Can you do a new screen recording for me showing you go through the process of opening the app and trying to activate, just so I may confirm that as well.