You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any chance AF-279 (footnote layout problems) will get fixed in this beta cycle?

I'm very close to finishing the layout of the book I'm working on, but I can't finish it until AF-279 gets fixed, so the footnotes show up properly. Any chance this will get fixed this beta cycle? I haven't seen anyone from Serif mention this bug recently, but it's still there, and makes it impossible to publish a book with many footnotes. I'm holding out hope I won't have to scrap all the work I've done in Affinity Publisher and move it to another app to actually publish the book.

• Staff

The developers are aware of this issue, but I do not have any information on progress, sorry @philipt18. I hope for your sake it comes quickly 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

I noticed almost all the recently fixed bugs have 4 digits in their bug numbers. Is this bug the oldest one still not fixed? I've just printed my first review copies of my book, but there are still several pages that cannot be laid out correctly, leaving lots of blank space on pages, and forcing me to add pages to make up for the text getting pushed. I would think a bug that forces layout to be incorrect would have a high priority. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

Hoping this gets fixed in the 2.5 beta cycle. My book is almost ready to print, but the layout is messed up all over the place due to this bug. What is especially annoying is that images need to be placed in the wrong places just to get text to flow to the bottom of the page. Not doing so pushes off the text to the next page, and really messes things up, but not being able to position images properly looks really bad. Besides messing up the book, it's messing with my OCD. I would greatly appreciate it if you could bump this with the developers @Patrick Connor.

• 3 weeks later...