You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed Restricted PDF Fails to Draw When Switching from Passthrough to Interpret

This is listed as fixed in the 2.3.0.2096 Beta Bug Fix List... but the problem still exists in both 2.3.1 and the 2.4.0 Beta...

• Placed restricted PDF fails to draw when switching from passthrough to interpret

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Hi @Hangman,

This is working for me in the release and in the beta.  I enter the password, place the PDF and can switch between passthrough and interpret and can even see the PDF refresh when i change between the 2. 

Could you provide a screen recording and PDF you are placing?  If you need dropbox link for the PDF, let me know and ill set one up for you :) 

Hi @stokerg,

No problem at all, I'm assuming this is the same bug...

For me, the criteria appear to be:

1. The placed PDF needs to be Linked
  2. The Publisher file needs to be saved and reopened
  3. It only affects the first page of the placed PDF

A simple PDF created in Publisher 2.3.1, the password is abc.

Colours.pdf

Screen Recording

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

• Staff

Hi @Hangman,

This appears to be a different issue to AF-9'Placed restricted PDF fails to draw when switching from passthrough to interpret'.  With AF-9, the issue was changing from Passthrough to Interpret, the PDF would fail to draw on screen.  With this new issue, i don't even have to change Passthrough to Interpret, simply duplicating the placed PDF and setting them to page 2, 3 and 4, then Saving and reopening, all the placed PDFs now show page 1.  So this is a different issue and i'll get it logged once i've confirmed it isn't already :) 

Hi @stokerg,

Thanks for clarifying...

I'm pretty sure the issue of a Placed PDF showing page 1 on reopening has been reported before but I just tried to find to the bug report but couldn't so maybe it hasn't... :) 

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Hangman said:

I'm pretty sure the issue of a Placed PDF showing page 1 on reopening has been reported before but I just tried to find to the bug report but couldn't so maybe it hasn't... :) 

I couldn't find it logged, so i've logged it just to be sure, worse case mine will get closed as a duplicate :) 

Just now, stokerg said:

I couldn't find it logged, so i've logged it just to be sure, worse case mine will get closed as duplicate :) 

That's perfect, thank you... :)

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Placing any multiple page PDF and setting duplicate to display a different page will always show page 1 when saved and reopened" (REF: AF-1726) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2335".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.