You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective distortion, that text remains vector?

Hello.
Very rarely needed, but sometimes... 
I tried to find or with my bad english dont find it,
but seems that its not possible,with out you must convert text to image? e.g. to stretch text perspectively.

I dont have (and did not liked to use it)
illustrator, but in that it was possible.

affinity-forum-question4.jpg

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 9.37.49.png

You didn’t say which Affinity application(s) you have available or which version(s) they are.

However, none of the V1 applications can do vector warping (e.g. Perspective) but Designer V2 can do it via the Warp Group functionality.

In the case of your first example image I would suggest adding the warping to the text and background shapes at the same time so its easier to get things ‘lined-up’ – see attached example.

image.thumb.png.79031e486eee72a51354156822cbf63c.png

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

none of the V1 applications can do vector warping (e.g. Perspective)

2 hours ago, johanw said:

seems that its not possible,with out you must convert text to image? e.g. to stretch text perspectively.

In Affinity v1 you can use the APh Live Perspective filter. While the result will be rasterized on export, it will remain nondestructive within the Affinity document.
Just switch temporarily to APh or the Photo persona in APu to add the live filter, then switch back to Publisher or Designer if that's where you came from to continue working on your design. The filter will remain editable upon clicking its thumbnail in the Layers panel.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

42 minutes ago, loukash said:

Just switch temporarily to APh or the Photo persona in APu to add the live filter, then switch back to Publisher or Designer

Switching is not needed in ADe v1 with the help of some premade reusable assets.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just now, v_kyr said:

Switching is not needed in ADe v1 with the help of some premade reusable assets.

Yeah, I knew those have been posted here before, I was just too lazy to search… :) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2