You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 Print dialog not closing with Cancel

I'm trying to print a document and while setting up the options wanted to cancel the print dialog to go back and fix an issue on the document. But the cancel button does nothing(other than flash as if I had pressed it), the only way I can get rid of the dialog is to quit Publisher and restart. Even if I close the document and reopen it it reopens with the print dialog! Surely the cancel button should just close the dialog regardless of what might be going on with its settings? I've tried changing printers, I've tried changing profiles, The only button on the top bar is the green expand button, which works but doesn't help close the dialog. Printing might work but my printer has run out of ink so won't actually print!

I had this happen earlier in the day but then, if I printed something, the cancel button would work OK. But now I can't print I have no way to cancel the dialog.

Any ideas?

Mac mini M1
MacOS 14.1, 16GB RAM
Canon ix6550 A3 Photo printer
Publisher 2.3.0

How are you getting into the Print dialog?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Have you tried restarting macOS? I know that's basic but you never know.

You might also try upgrading to Sonoma 14.2.1 from 14.1 - there was another Print dialog issue in 14.1 that seems to have cleared up with 14.2 so it's worth a try.

It might be something with a corrupted print preset so you could try deleting all of your presets.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)