You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have made 140 pages in an illustrated book that I've been working on for two years with little problems from publisher. I recently upgraded to affinity publisher 2.2.1 and now I am having a horrible time and am under a deadline. I am on a mac pro oS vs. 12.7.1

Every time I select the Text box to draw my columns on a page I get an extra small grey text box and that's the only place I can enter text. I also can fill the gray box with filler text, but I can't  type into the regular columns for text. 

No matter when or where I try to draw a text box, I get the extra gray box. (See enclosed screen shot.) I also drew rectangles and converted them to text boxes and the dreaded gray box still appears.  I have deleted the small gray box on the master and on individual pages repeatedly in the layers panel and it still comes back. The unwanted box also appears on pages I completed months ago. I've quit the app and restarted my computer many times and I can't get rid of it. I'm assuming that calling you directly would be very expensive for me. There is no place in my pull down menu to select that I'm de-linking this unwanted text box.  Please, please help me,

Kind regards,

Dr. Akin

image.jpeg.3a4d4f37c310bb0fabc429d904e2b1da.jpeg

It could be an inline object?

Try Edit > Defaults > Revert to see if it goes away

Alternatively, if you copy a text box to a new document does that grey box still appear?

If yes, please save that test document and upload it to the forum

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Oh my goodness, I opened a new document and put in a text box and it didn't have the dreaded gray box. I then copied that box into the old document I've been work on and to my amazement---I'm holding my breath---The awful  box is gone and it disappeared on the earlier pages where it had appeared too. I can't understand what happened but I'm eternally grateful to you if I never see that box again. Thank you SO much.

Kind regards, Dr. Akin