You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When i open document Affinity Designer crash.

Hi @HiddenAuditore and welcome to the forums.

I'm able to open your document without any issues so I suspect it's the one linked SVG file that is causing an issue. Try renaming the SVG file and then opening the document. Once it's open don't just re-link it, that will have the same issue. Instead delete the SVG and then re-place it.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 hours ago, HiddenAuditore said:

Hi @MikeTO thanks for reply.

But, I don't know how to do that, when I can't open it. I have only Designer and Photo

There are two resources used in the document, one linked and embedded. If you rename the linked one then when you open the document Affinity will be unable to find it. It will prompt you to locate it, just say no. That should allow you to open the document, delete that resource, and place it back. This time I'd make it embedded for safety, it's tiny anyway.

Screenshot2023-12-11at9_19_34AM.png.36a40c024079241c81f78e040f9b8ac2.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

5 minutes ago, HiddenAuditore said:

I cant access the resource manager I can't do anything

Designer has the Resource Manager. What happens when you try to use it? 

Did you rename the Linked resource as Mike suggested? 

Are you Opening the file, or are you accessing it from Live Docs? If it's already in Live Docs, you may need to Save As from there and then Close it, then Open it again after you rename the Linked file.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You don't rename using the Resource Manager. You need to rename the actual file you've Linked to in the document, and you do that using the Files app on iPad. With it renamed, you may be able to Open the document.

But what do you mean that you can't access the Resource Manager? It's available in Designer: 

image.png.3bc91d2916be57dff440ea9e79493757.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1