You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need more advanced pixel Brush Engine. Affinity brushes is so basic. It's OK for line work and sketches. But when it comes to painting, it's pain. Developers can compare feel of brushes with ArtstudioPro, Procreate, InfinitePainter, Clip Studio etc. Photoshop brushes isn't as good as in software above, but still better then Affinity. Need wetness and mixing settings, better render and movement tracing, better tilt settings and control. Need option to control size parameter with pressure and tilt in the same time.

8 minutes ago, 2ddpainter said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you expect features of a Paint program from an,
as the name already suggests "Affinity Photo" photo editing / image editing program ?

Why dont use a paint program that already exist ?

I can't speak for the original poster but many digital painting workflows make use of photobashing which most art programs aren't very good at. It's Photoshop's main advantage over more dedicated art programs. For those people a better brush engine in the Affinity programs would free them from Adobe's high prices. 

I have no idea what Serif's future plans are, but I am encouraged by their recent improvements to the brush panel, the addition of the recent brushes history on a layer, the improvements to the brush creation panel, and improvements to the color mixing brush. Maybe it's an indication of more improvements to come?

30 minutes ago, 2ddpainter said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you expect features of a Paint program from an,
as the name already suggests "Affinity Photo" photo editing / image editing program ?

Why dont use a paint program that already exist ?

Ok. I'm using programs that already exist.

If we are talking about graphic suites, Affinity Photo is a challenger to Photoshop. And Photoshop is the most popular software for digital painting. I think it's a logical step to push AP in this direction to attract a huge number of professionals. Honestly, AP can't beat Adobe in photo editing for professional photographers because they are using Lightroom first of all. Affinity has no cataloging or shooting playback features as Lightroom has. It's just a cheap alternative for collages and colorgrading for graphic designers.

In the field of digital painting, it's much easier to beat Photoshop. Many small teams have already done this (ArtstudioPro, Procreate, InfinitePainter, Clip Studio, et cetera). I love Affinity's nondestructive pipeline and performance optimization, but I can't use this software in my day-to-day work. I keep watching every update and waiting for improvements.