You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Help on my iPad

The Help files seem to form the comprehensive book that I've been wanting.  While I do intend to use them side by side as I'm working with AF,  I do learn best by reading.  This being the 21st Century, I'd rather not have to sharpen a goose quill and manually transcribe them onto parchment in order to kick back in an easy chair with a cup of coffee and go through all the features.  Is there some reasonable way to get all the Help onto my iPad so I might study them offline?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi EdR,

Welcome to the forum.

We are working on a user guide for the Affinity range as this has been asked for may many of our users, at the moment I do not have a timescale when this will be available please check the forums for any future announcements on this.

Regards,

Darren

Reviewing the Help files it seems that they're very comprehensive and if you just unpacked them as they currently are and make them available as a  single downloadable PDF document, that would certainly fill the bill.  While I suspect that you're trying update and 'perfect' them, I'd remind you of the saying: "Excellent is the enemy of Good".  

I need help learning Affinity now, an excellent guide in six months will be of no use to me.   One way or another the problem will be solved, either I'll have mastered it or will have returned to the Adobe fold.   Whereas a good guide now would be of great value and save me much frustration.  Given that everything is already written and in proper order, I can't imagine that this would be more than one days worth of work.  Honestly, I can't imagine it'd take more than an hour or so!

Doing this would in no way preclude you improving it later.  

BTW- I am working my way through the Videos, and while good, there are limitations to the video format in terms of referencing and reviews of specific concepts.  Also optimum learning styles vary and not everyone learns best via video presentation.  As I'm also in the midst of converting to the Mac after almost 30 years as a PC user, I'll mention that the first thing I did was purchase the 'Missing Manual' for El Capitan which has been vital and saved me countless hours and great frustration.

Thinking about it, I really don't need to read the Help files offline, being able to access them online from my iPad would be fine.  The issue now being that they're only accessible from within Affinity, which of course, isn't on the iPad.  As they look like webpages, having them be a link on your website, password protected and only for registered Affinity users, if that's what it takes, would be of great help in learning the ins and outs of this program.

So to be  very clear about what I'm asking.  I would very much like to be able kick back in my reading chair with a cup of coffee and study the Help files at my leisure, however that might be brought about quickly and would be an acceptable stand in for not having any other documentation. 

This being the 21st Century, I'd rather not have to sharpen a goose quill and manually transcribe them onto parchment in order to kick back in an easy chair with a cup of coffee and go through all the features. 

:D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  Love that.

There are a few on the forum that have manually made that happen. The problem is it soon becomes outdated when Affinity update with new features...

Access to the help manual outside of the app would be useful to many, I agree.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

If its of any help I used Calibre app to produce the following epub format books from the last released beta's for Affinity Designer and Photo. They can be read on IPAD or Macbook.

Designer help document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f11nkk4tfij5602/Affinity%20Designer%20Help%201%2C4%2C1%20_%20Get%20started%20-%20Unknown.epub?dl=0

Photo help document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tssim27nz0vgwzp/Affinity%20Photo%20Help%201.4.1%20_%20Get%20started%20-%20Unknown.epub?dl=0