You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2.3 - Copy and paste from the pasteboard!...

sansnom

Hello, when I copy an element from my current work plan, it sticks to the location of the original: this seems normal, it's very practical and what has been happening since the dawn of time... ;-)
But if I copy an element located outside my work surface on the pasteboard, when I paste it, it does not stick in the same location as the original, but on my work surface, which does not seem at all practical to me at all !…  😡

Bonjour, quand je copie un élément de mon plan de travail courant, il se colle à l'emplacement de l'original : cela semble normal, c'est très pratique et ce qui se passe depuis la nuit des temps... ;-)
Mais si je copie un élément situé hors de mon plan de travail sur le pasteboard, quand je le colle, il ne se colle pas au même emplacement que l'original, mais sur mon plan de travail, ce qui ne me semble absolument pas pratique du tout !… 😡

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4

• Staff
36 minutes ago, Return said:

ctrl+j , ctrl(or)alt+drag and move data entry do work so why not copy/paste?

If you are power duplicating, the positioning takes priority, as when creating patterns etc. if the duplication happened to cross into the pasteboard, you would suddenly end up with shapes pasted positioned in the middle of a document.

With Alt dragging, you are manually positioning items outside the pasteboard which is allowed.

Lee

Oops!... On other platforms and software, I have been able to construct objects outside of the canvas in the past...
But nothing too serious: another bad habit to give up.
Otherwise, rather than copy and paste, option+drag works with the possibility of duplicating step by step afterwards...

Thank you for your feedback. 😉

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4