You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer & Publisher crash when trying to open files

Hi,

so I've tried opening Files that I've previously worked on in Designer in Affinity 2.3.0. After I tried to open them the App just crashed and that again and again for all files I've tried even though I just created them 5 Minutes ago. As an important note I'm running IpadOS 17.4 beta 4 public beta. But since Apple makes rollbacks annoyingly hard I am kind of stuck on this Version. I have attached some files I couldn't open. Hope this helps. I really need a fix since I can' export said files when the app crashes and I need them in a week.

Best wishes, Justin

one.afdesign Das Erste.afdesign rbb.afdesign MuddiTV-Channel.afdesign SWR.afdesign

Just tried to load SWR.afdesign on iPad. Crash in Affinity Photo, 2.3 also crash in Designer and Publisher. There is something wrong.

update: opening this same file in Designer on the Mac, gives a errormessage: Missing SWR.svg in resource. So the iPad does not show this error. The Desktop does. Little bug, does not show error, but gives a crash. Some work to do. 

Try to set the resource file. Or open the files on a desktop. Good luck, it’s reparable, while a bug on iPad.

Hi everyone,

thanks for the responses. The files are quite simple so making them again is not that hard. Turns out if you export everything before closing the (new) files works without a problem, but as soon as you close it once you try to reopen it, it will crash again. Weirdly enough I've found multiple files, that work completely normal after closing, even though they have the same structure (one colored rectangle under one white rectangle with a svg-mask) this affects all files in which I've had to modify the source svg. As a note all files and all svgs are stored in the same folder (Projects/Downloads) respectively. (But different for the filetypes). Some of the files which work normally are attached. Probably the bug described by pruus. Hope this helps the devs @Callum

Best wishes, Justin

3sat.afdesign ZDF.afdesign zdfneo.afdesign zdfinfo.afdesign

Edited by Justin Jakull