You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not using the AP on daily basis, thus using a lot of time to find out how to proceed.
AP is very versatile on vast selection of all kind of useful features. All are described only for WHAT but not for HOW.
That's why I'm now asking help to probably a very simple task, but HOW:

Example tasks
1) Old slide scans with strong change in colour balance which can not be corrected by white balance adjustment, but using histogram level adjustment the correction can be done in most cases perfect.
2) A bunch of photos shooting through coloured window (thermal filtering e.g. in skyscrapers), process is about the same as in case above.

How to save the level settings and how to automate the adjustment to the rest of the same batch?

Load an image and make the level adjustment layer as required
Select the adjustment layer and Copy
With the Macro panel start recording
Paste
Stop recording
Add macro to library
Use New Batch Job to apply the macro to multiple selected images

If you're new to macros and batch jobs then the built in help is pretty good

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Thank you David, I haven't yet been trying this, but I will. Yesterday I have worked with the color correction by using LensFilter Layer. It works quite well, but I can't re-use the saved Preset, the value always returns to the default orange. To me this kind of error and trial gives the feeling that the Affinity needs an improvement on adding more intuitivity to user interface. I have a couple suggestions in my sleeve to improve the usability. Is there a place for suggestions?

After creating the preset it should appear in the Adjustment panel so it can be reused

Have a look here re. suggestions
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feedback-suggestions/

LensFilter.jpg

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10