You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange problem

As of this time, I have not upgraded to V.2 of the Affinity suite yet, so keep this in mind as I ask this question. I started doing photography and editing photos again like before, however, I have found a strange problem with Affinity Photo in which every time I edit a photo and export it as a JPEG file, I can't find it in the folder where I exported it. I tried going to the Home page in my folders to see if the photos that I was working with were in the folder where I exported them, yet when I tried to open them from the Home page, it said that the photos couldn't be found. Any idea what might be the problem here?

Please confirm what OS you're using?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "Home page in my folders", or about the error message you get. Can you show us some screenshots?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Some comments:

1. It would help to tell File Explorer to show the file extension, so we could see more about the files that are available.
  2. From the screenshot, it appears that your D drive is a mapped network drive of some sort. More details on that would be useful.
  3. You have 3 screenshots there. File Explorer, then something (Photos app in Windows?), and then Affinity Photo. The second screenshot shows that Photos (or whatever it is) agrees that the file is missing.

From 2 and 3, I think you need to explain more about your file storage mechanisms, and investigate what your file system is doing with your files. It's not an Affinity problem if the Windows Photos app also can't find the files.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

When you click 'Export', at the bottom of Affinity's Export Settings dialog the next thing that happens is that Affinity displays a regular File | Save dialog.  Make sure you take note of what folder it is pointing at.  Having done that, open Explorer and browse to that folder to find your file.

Looking at your screen shot, both _MG_2623 and _MG_2623 (small) have been saved to:

D:\Affinity Photo

If your files are not in that folder, I've no idea where they are.