You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher project reverted back to a previous version

Affinity Publisher v1.10.6.1665

Windows 10

Hi,

I have two affinity publisher V1 projects:
- A: the main document I'm working on.
- B: a project where project A is linked so I can preview the changes.

Yesterday I was making changes to my affinity publisher project A. I made sure that I saved those changes, I also know because the file was linked in another project (B) and I needed to save it in order to update the changes. Today, when I opened the project, it was in the state that was a couple of days ago. I missed all of yesterday's changes.

I checked the AppData autosave folder and there is no autosave for this project. This makes sense as the project didn't force close.

Is there a way I can verify what happened to the file and how to recover it? From the project B (where project A was linked) I can still see the latest version I had of project A, but when I double-click to open the linked file I see the project as it was a couple of days ago.

Please, any help will be appreciated,

Alberto

Edited by MoretaAlberto
Added software versions

• Staff

Hi @MoretaAlbertoand Welcome to the Forums,

10 hours ago, MoretaAlberto said:

Is there a way I can verify what happened to the file and how to recover it?

If you can upload both files, A and B, I can it with the Developers to see if there's anything they can recover, but this isn't a quick process and could be some time before a Developer gets a chance to look at the files.  If you don't want to attach the file to the Forum, I've created a Dropbox link here.

Have you tried opening the Linked file directly on its own (so project B closed) and does it still show the older version?

Thanks @stokerg,

I have uploaded both files. Yes, that's how I figured out: I opened project A (with project B closed) and I was shocked when I saw a really old version. Then I opened project B as I remember seeing there the updated changes after saving project A. And yes, project B was showing the latest version of project A.

I understand it might take some time. But it is the biggest bug I have found using Affinity. I have no idea how to reproduce it from scratch, I didn't get any error or anything, everything seemed to be saved properly the previous day, no suspicious issues.

Also, it is not possible that I pressed Undo before saving, there were a lot of changes made in the document to not be noticeable that they were reverted.

12 hours ago, MoretaAlberto said:

Is there a way I can verify what happened to the file and how to recover it?

In File Explorer what is the "Last Date Modified" of Project A (not the Date Created") and does it correspond to the time yesterday, when you saved it

This assumes you have not resaved Project A since then

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.