You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help! Help! Help! Not able to export to a psd file again!

Elisheba

I don’t know what's wrong but I'm just not able to export my affinity photo file to a PSD file. My client needs it. Please help asap!

It shows that it's exporting and then the whole software crashes and I have to force quit the application because it does not respond. Please help.

• Staff

Hi @Elisheba,
This afphoto file has lot of external linked (placed) images. Seems one (or more) of them are the culprit(s) of the export failing because the file as is, is exporting correctly for me to PSD. Can you please upload (using the same link I posted above) all the external images that were placed/used in the document so I can relink them and check what's going wrong please? Thank you.

Hey @MEB I tried to export it again now but before that I grouped & rasterised most of the layers. It worked. I was able to export it. Yay! But I had to merge some layers & rasterise all the live adjustment layers. Bummer! 

Wonder why I could not export the psd with all the live adjustments present. It always happens! 

• Staff

Hi @Elisheba,
Without the external files (linked in the document) I can't inspect the document properly to check where the problem is.
If you don't want to upload all the external files, another way is to duplicate (in Finder) the original affinity photo file, then open it, go to menu Window > Resource Manager, select all images in the list which have the Placement attribute "Linked" then click the Embed button to embed all the external images in the document so it contains everything (it should still crash or fail to export as the original with the linked files). Save the file and upload it again to me please.
Thanks.

• Staff

Thanks for the file @Elisheba.
It's still exporting fine for me - no errors both in the Release version and the latest Beta.
What OS  and Affinity version are you running?

If you still want/need the exported PSD from the affinity photo file let me know and I will provide a link for you to download the file.