You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse pointer disappears in Publisher

Hi,

I've been finding that the mouse pointer disappears when I'm over content, which makes it very hard to navigate and select the point I want to make changes. I don't remember when it started, but it has certainly been for a few months, maybe more.

I have just tried creating a new document, created a text box, pasted in some simple text, and as soon as I try to edit, the mouse cursor disappears over the text box. The rulers show the X and Y of the mouse location, but there is no cursor. The same happens over a table section. This happens all the time.

This is in Publisher 2.2.1 on Windows 11 build 22631.2506. I have just checked for updates in Publisher and I was told I am up to date.

This really makes it hard for me to edit.

I have checked through settings, and I can't find anything that looks relevant. I have also searched for "mouse disappear" in the forums and found nothing.

Thanks,

Ian

50 minutes ago, Ian Brockbank said:

I've been finding that the mouse pointer disappears when I'm over content, which makes it very hard to navigate and select the point I want to make changes. I don't remember when it started, but it has certainly been for a few months, maybe more.

I have just tried creating a new document, created a text box, pasted in some simple text, and as soon as I try to edit, the mouse cursor disappears over the text box. The rulers show the X and Y of the mouse location, but there is no cursor. The same happens over a table section. This happens all the time.

This is in Publisher 2.2.1 on Windows 11 build 22631.2506. I have just checked for updates in Publisher and I was told I am up to date.

This really makes it hard for me to edit.

I have checked through settings, and I can't find anything that looks relevant. I have also searched for "mouse disappear" in the forums and found nothing.

Hi Ian. Do you have pointer trails enabled? There was a recent report of this happening with that Windows option set.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, undercovergypsy said:

My “trails” were not enabled, and so I am still struggling with no pointer to show me where I am at. It ONLY happens in affinity. Somebody, anybody????? HELP

Which versions of Windows and Affinity are you using?

Did this just start happening or has it been happening for a while? If it just started happening, did you try restarting your PC?

Do you have any third-party mouse drivers or utilities installed, such as the Logitech software?

What type of mouse do you have? Is it a high DPI mouse? If it's wireless, is it fully recharged? If you have a trackpad, too, try disconnecting your mouse and seeing if the issue also happens with your trackpad. Or if. you're using the trackpad already, try using a mouse instead.

Good luck

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

5 hours ago, undercovergypsy said:

Gee, sorry, I think I may have answered but then did the post thinking I did it wrong. Windows 11 AFPUB 2.3.0.

I also tried turning off and on Open CL, to no avail. I also reinstalled.

Do you have any third-party mouse drivers or utilities installed, such as the Logitech software?

What type of mouse do you have? Is it a high DPI mouse? If it's wireless, is it fully recharged? If you have a trackpad, too, try disconnecting your mouse and seeing if the issue also happens with your trackpad. Or if. you're using the trackpad already, try using a mouse instead.

I don't have third party drives. I have used several mice(?) One is USB and the other two are Bluetooth also the trackpad was no different. I think one of the mice was high dpi. I did just install the 2.4 beta and it seems to work. The cursor is visible before I click. I hope the beta works well in other aspects because the other way was unusable. I appreciate your help. Thank you, Kelley