You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Takes a lot of time to link an image in Publisher v2

When I load or replace an image in Publisher v2 it takes a lot of time to finally load the image, I have my computer connected to the network, and I have noticed that there is some network activity when I click load image and when it finally shows the image in the document. This happens if I load the image from the local computer or from the network. But the problem is solve if I disable the network adapter. The image is loaded very fast. Do you know how I can solve this problem?

I am running Publisher version 2.2.1 in windows 10.

There are some known issues since ages when working with linked images which are stored on network drives, or even on a local disk which is part of cloud sync like iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox.

To avoid, you could try to use locally stored resources only, and use only folders without any cloud sync activated.

Affinity recently changed the way Affinity files are read and saved to reduce the risk of corrupted files. This may have a negative effect on read/write performance.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

14 hours ago, LuisMontemayro said:

This happens if I load the image from the local computer or from the network. But the problem is solve if I disable the network adapter.

Do you mean with unplugged / deactivated network even locally stored files load obviously faster?

Could it be possible that the app is 'searching' for a missing resource that got linked from a network drive before? Or, oddly, could still have an outdated file path stored within the layout document? To avoid the latter it might help to "Save As…" the document with a different file name to get rid of unnecessary data in the saved document.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, my solution was to use the collect feature inside the Resource Manager and point all the files into my local drive, now everything works smooth, it doesn't matter that is a sync folder (synology sync drive), I am attaching/linking the new images from the network drive, I imagine that with time it will get slow again, but I guess I will collect all the images once again. Thank for your help!.

-Luis