You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to lens correct multiple photos in one batch

You can try batch processing the files, incorporating the lens corrections done in the Develop persona

Untested just for lens correction, so far, but hopefully it should work

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

14 hours ago, young kon yong said:

As far as I can see i cannot make the same adjustments on multiple fotos in develop persona, such a lens corrections on all my photos

For batch processing of RAW files, the camera vendor apps like Canon DPP are often more capable.

Please keep in mind that adjustments in RAW are often content dependent. The Macro recorder often records only the settings based on the actual image used during recording. When running the macro, it will not re-analyze the current image. This can lead to inferior results, e.g. when the lighting situation changes between images (e.g. Camera increases ISO, more noise).

May impact white balance, vignetting, CA removal, diffraction removal etc.

If those details do not really matter, you can do a batch conversion from RAW to other formats, but this will not allow individual adjustments. 

you can do almost all adjustments (available in Develop Persona) in Photo Persona, with a few exceptions and implementation differences:

• chromatic aberration correction works only in RAW
  • outblown highlights must be recovered in RAW 
  • white balance works different

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Carl,

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated.

I tried your suggestions and re-looked at James Ritson video, but I failed again. I use a Mac and and Mac equivalent to .RAW files is .PNG. Assistant is on Serif Labs. 

1) When I drag a .png file or open a .png file, Affinity does not go to develop persona, but remains in photo persona. So i decided to open develop persona in the toolbar and continued with your suggestions, but then

2) I cannot change the output file to linked or embedded. 

rgds,

Young Kon

3 minutes ago, young kon yong said:

Carl,

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated.

I tried your suggestions and re-looked at James Ritson video, but I failed again. I use a Mac and and Mac equivalent to .RAW files is .PNG. Assistant is on Serif Labs. 

1) When I drag a .png file or open a .png file, Affinity does not go to develop persona, but remains in photo persona. So i decided to open develop persona in the toolbar and continued with your suggestions, but then

2) I cannot change the output file to linked or embedded. 

rgds,

Young Kon

Please check that you are using Serif RAW engine. In case you use Apple RAW, output is restricted to pixel layer.

but Apple RAW does actually automatically applies lens correction.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

PNG files are not Raw files so you can't batch process them using the Develop Persona

There is a simplified lens correction in the Pixel persona 

Filters > Distort > Lens Correction

you also have...

Filters > Distort > Lens Distortion

If those can correct your images you may be able to use them in a macro and batch job

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

13 minutes ago, young kon yong said:

I use a Mac and and Mac equivalent to .RAW files is .PNG.

Do you mean DNG?

RAW files is a general term used for different RAW file formats form camera vendors. Mac has no own Mac specific RAW format, it supports a list of different camera brands.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213775

Try...

Filters > Colours > Remove Vignette

2 minutes ago, young kon yong said:

it works

If it works then I will always take the credit for it 😁