You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recreating this stacked angle effect

Khyber

Hello again everyone, I’m currently looking for any assistance in recreating this effect for a friend of mine after a recent photo shoot we had. He specifically wanted an image like this so he could post on his socials with some of the static images. This stacked effect is really hard to find online and I’ve been searching for a few days now with no luck so I’ve turned to the forum, hopefully we can uncover the secrets to this effect and make it a bit easier to find for others who may be struggling like myself. Once again any help is super appreciated and welcome. Thank you all and have a good day I look forward to the replies.

IMG_1269.jpeg

The new (in V2) "Move Duplicate" function may help with this

Not had a chance to play with it much, but looks quite powerful

duplicate.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

to add what Carl explained:

1. create a good selection of the car you want to stack. Only the outer edge needs to be done. Windows inside shape follow later
  2. duplicate the cut-out car to have it on its own layer. Rasterize & trim.
  3. Now use either move duplicate or simple power duplicate to create required number of copies. Copies should go 1 step to the right, 3 steps up on right edge (creating rotation of about 1-2 degrees per step, and shift of center point right and up)
  4. Now take care of the windows. This has been neglected in the example image, and can spoil the result depending on background.
  5. I assume only the upmost copy lets you look through. Make a good selection of transparent window areas where you can see through the background outside the car
  6. , create mask,
  7. and create a copy of original layer (with background).
  8. Put it on top.
  9. For realistic look you may need to darken this a bit, and apply some distortion at the edges 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.