You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Lasso Tool and Mesh Warp not working

Marco B

Hello,

besides the scattered brushes, i have a similar problem with the lasso selection tool. I make a freeform selection with the lasso tool and it selects random pixels scattered outside of my selection. And nothing from my selection gets selected. You can see it in the picture below. 

And the Meshwarp Tool does not let me add/create any nodes. Hopefully you find a fix for the Problems. (In V1 you could also move the handles independently in the mesh warp tool after creating additional nodes. This is not possible in V2. Thats sad. So i relied on V1. But thats broken now. Hopefully you bring this feature to V2. This was the default "setting for a new created node.)

Greetings from Germany

IMG_8790.png

• Staff

Hi @Marco Band Welcome to the Forums,

Can you confirm which version of iPadOS you are running?

On 10/27/2023 at 4:01 PM, Marco B said:

besides the scattered brushes, i have a similar problem with the lasso selection tool. I make a freeform selection with the lasso tool and it selects random pixels scattered outside of my selection. And nothing from my selection gets selected. You can see it in the picture below. 

I've replicated this on iPadOS 17 with V1.

With the Mesh Warp, i don't appear to be having any issues in V1 using it, i can add to the Mesh.  Could you upload a screen recording of if, so i can make sure i'm not missing a step :)  To record you screen on iPad see here

• 3 weeks later...

I also can't add the points in the deform filter. And it seems, that like in the mesh warp tool, single taps with the apple pencil in these tools have no effect. The taps are registered, as you can see in the video above (all done with the apple pencil), but it does not add the nodes or points. Other than that, the apple pencil works fine. When i select the settings option "touch only for gestures" to off, i can use my finger to add nodes in the mesh warp tool and the deform filter. So it seems to be a problem accepting the apple pencil for this specific task.