You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2.2.1 and a warning message from the antivirus program.

I recently updated Affinity photo 2 to version 2.2.1.2075.

By the way, in my antivirus program (V3), every time the Affinity photo program runs, it talks about a problem.

When running photo.exe, a remote IP exists, but the remote IP comes out differently. And the original report is different.

The problem that I find uncomfortable is that every time I run the Affinity Photo program, they ask me a question, saying that the antivirus program (V3) is a low-security program.

I can't set it up so that this questioning procedure doesn't come up in the antivirus program I use. Whenever the Affinity Photo program runs, I have to turn off the warning message.

I can't ignore the warning message that the safety is bad, so I'm sending you a question.

Please help me on how to solve it.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 11.34.56.png

• Staff

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with V3 and unfortunately I can't read Korean so its very difficult to say what the app might be flagging but I can assure you this is a false positive. its likely being caused by the app calling to the following addresses:

Adding these through your antivirus firewall etc may stop this issue.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

3 hours ago, Callum said:

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with V3 and unfortunately I can't read Korean so its very difficult to say what the app might be flagging but I can assure you this is a false positive. its likely being caused by the app calling to the following addresses:

Adding these through your antivirus firewall etc may stop this issue.

Thanks
C

Thank you. I trust Affinity, so I trust your advice.

So, I looked for related items of Anlab V3_365 Clinic.

I found that the setting item has a new part called Active Defense.

Active Defense is a system that examines and analyzes files by utilizing the malicious code database of the AnLab Smart Defense (ASD) server, which is responsible for cloud services in Anlab.

In that area, I was able to add a trusted file. So, I added the Affinity folder and the problematic Photo.exe.

And then I ran Affinity Photo, which, in the V3 antivirus, doesn't show a warning message, and the program runs right away.

Thank you for your reply.

* For your information, V3 is a famous virus vaccine program manufacturer in Korea.
https://global.ahnlab.com/site/main.do
Here, you can look at roughly what kind of company it is.

Take care of yourself.