You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Designer] Why does sculpt mode reverse the path?

I'm not sure why sculpt mode inverts the path. I intended to correct the upper part of the path as in video, Instead of redrawing only that part, the whole path gets reversed. I doesn't happen all the time, and sometimes is gets it right. But I don't understand what's causing this, can someone please explain it to me?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 215710.png

Is the whole one closed path? - Also when there are a bunch of overlapping nodes, do you always draw exactly from one starting point node's center to an end point node's center?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 10/23/2023 at 12:11 AM, v_kyr said:

Is the whole one closed path? - Also when there are a bunch of overlapping nodes, do you always draw exactly from one starting point node's center to an end point node's center?

Yes, it's a closed path. The node center doesn't seem to be the problem, rather the start/end node as Lee said.

1 hour ago, Lee_T said:

Hi Kaze,

Thanks for reporting this, 

I've been able to replicate the issue and it seems to be related to the length and whether or not the sculpt crosses the start/end node.

I've reported this as a bug to be looked into by the dev team.

Lee

Thanks Lee. Looking forward for the fix, as this bug has existed for quite a while now, I think it was in Version 1 as well.