You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Crash!

yops

I bought two times (licence v1 and v2) a f**g program that doesn't work properly and crashes for no reason. 

I'm not interested in innovation. I'm interested in stability, which none of the programs have. Soon, if you don't do anything about it, I will switch back to Adobe. EVERYTHING works better or worse there.

AMD Ryzen 5600, Windows 11, RAM 16 GB, NVidia Quadro, SSD + HDD, Blueray

New update 2.2.1:

PDF and JPG files open! My congratulations to the authors of the programs! The only question is what can be done with them, because in the previous version the program crashed, especially quickly and always! when trying to print and modify photos (NEF. TIFF and big JPG).

Also having crashing problems with Affinity Photo (both V1 and V2)

I didn't have these problems with Windows 10 myself, but started to happen after I upgraded to Windows 11. Don't know if it's really the reason for the crashes as I had a small break from using the software and the upgrade happened at the break time, but also had to install all software again.

Ryzen 5800X, RAM 32GB, Nivida 3070 Ti

I don't mind if some things take a bit to load, but crashing when just opening  files or when trying to develope pictures is something I'm very angry about after paying for the software. I liked it before but now I've just been pulling my hair for a while.

-edit-

Now I seem to be able to open one image, edit that and then opening another file crahses the app.

Edited by patsu

• Staff
On 10/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, yops said:

I bought two times (licence v1 and v2) a f**g program that doesn't work properly and crashes for no reason. 

I'm not interested in innovation. I'm interested in stability, which none of the programs have. Soon, if you don't do anything about it, I will switch back to Adobe. EVERYTHING works better or worse there.

AMD Ryzen 5600, Windows 11, RAM 16 GB, NVidia Quadro, SSD + HDD, Blueray

New update 2.2.1:

PDF and JPG files open! My congratulations to the authors of the programs! The only question is what can be done with them, because in the previous version the program crashed, especially quickly and always! when trying to print and modify photos (NEF. TIFF and big JPG).

Just to confirm are you still having issues since the 2.2.1 update?

23 hours ago, patsu said:

Also having crashing problems with Affinity Photo (both V1 and V2)

I didn't have these problems with Windows 10 myself, but started to happen after I upgraded to Windows 11. Don't know if it's really the reason for the crashes as I had a small break from using the software and the upgrade happened at the break time, but also had to install all software again.

Ryzen 5800X, RAM 32GB, Nivida 3070 Ti

I don't mind if some things take a bit to load, but crashing when just opening  files or when trying to develope pictures is something I'm very angry about after paying for the software. I liked it before but now I've just been pulling my hair for a while.

-edit-

Now I seem to be able to open one image, edit that and then opening another file crahses the app.

This sounds like it may be a seperate issue to the one originally mentioned in this thread. Please could you start a separate thread regarding this?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.