You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Project loss after trying to save

Project loss after trying to save on affinity designer v2, this is the second time in 3 days on my ipad pro 12,9. Even after i have had saved previously, the project is lost. Just a blank file in my file. As if it deletes the project. 
Any info and solutions would be much appreciated because it is extremely frustrating to start a project that I’ve spent hours and days on from scratch….

IMG_0169.png

Edited by MeltingLead

1 hour ago, MeltingLead said:

Project loss after trying to save on affinity designer v2

Are you saving externally?
Your Home Screen shows dozens of files retained in sandbox (this is intended to be a temporary storage area). The (M) next to a file name on Home Screen indicates file not saved.
Tap the 3 bar menu and tap Save to create a ‘real’ file external to sandbox. Save this to a folder (other than the default app folder) and you will have a file you can access, backup etc.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

28 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Your Home Screen shows dozens of files retained in sandbox

And also, I think, Projects (collections of files) which cannot as easily be managed in the external file system.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, DM1 said:

Are you saving externally?
Your Home Screen shows dozens of files retained in sandbox (this is intended to be a temporary storage area). The (M) next to a file name on Home Screen indicates file not saved.
Tap the 3 bar menu and tap Save to create a ‘real’ file external to sandbox. Save this to a folder (other than the default app folder) and you will have a file you can access, backup etc.

Hi, thank you for your response.

I save on my icloud, and on an external hard drive 3 times a week.
I noticed that the “M” next to a project name shows up, when there has been a change in the project, even after saving it. 

But a funny thing happened today. 
when exiting a project, there is always a load time before i can press save. After it finishes loading, i try and open the project again just to make sure its still there. Thats when i got the "Load Failed". Then i saved, then closed and reopened Affinity Designer = project lost. That was the first time i lost the project…..

This time i didn’t save, and didn’t close Affiinity Designer,

this morning i opened the app, it reloaded, then the project was back, but from where i saved last time!!!

So the project is not completely lost after all. 

Is there a way to save directly, without exiting the project?

30 minutes ago, MeltingLead said:

Is there a way to save directly, without exiting the project?

There is not supposed to be, in V2, but you can try Cmd+S.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

37 minutes ago, MeltingLead said:

I work on an ipad, and don’t have a keyboard 

Yes, we know you're on an iPad.

Without a keyboard, I think the answer is: No.

-- Walt
PC: