You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simultaneously working on multiple devices

In the frequently asked questions it is mentioned that you can install the software on multiple devices from a household (when not using it for commercial enterprises). What exactly is meant with "household" here, do the devices need the same Apple-ID or windows account? Or is it possible to install it on my own mac with my own Apple-ID and my son's mac with his ID? Also, would it be possible to use the software on both devices simultaneously? Or are there limitations where it can only be used on one device at the time?

Many thanks in advance!!

Edited by Lithos

• Staff

@Lithos

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, family sharing is covered under our license however due to how the three programs interact on the Apple Store it would not be possible for other users to sign into our apps with different email addresses. They would therefore need to use the app under the same account that the software is registered to.

The Mac license would allow you to install the software on as many Macs as you control, so both you and your son can use the app at the same time (as long as your son isn't using the app commercially).

Thanks for the quick reply!

As a quick follow-up question, where can I find more details on what exactly constitutes "commercial use". I tried to find a definition in the licencing agreement, but couldn't find it. Would use by a non-profit be considered commercial use? How is this even enforced?